Monday, March 5, 2007

Monday...ugh

The weekend is over and I actually got my script for KONG: KING OF SKULL ISLAND #0 turned in. I didn't think it was going to get done. I ended up having to bring my little guy, Luke to a birthda party and Chris had to work yesterday. I really thought I would miss my first deadline and consequently let Joe DeVito, the creator of the book, down.

But I dug in...and finished it.

Dan O'Connor, who is awaiting approval from Joe for the cover, has started some thumbnails for the pages. Here is one:

On the 13 STEPS front, I heard from Phil. Kevin Mellon, who penciled GEARHEAD from ARCANA (which is in PREVIEWS now) is definitely going to be the penciler.


He gave us a couple of character sketches this weekend. I am very excited to work with Kevin and I really believe 13 STEPS is going to do well. I am very proud of the script that Phil and I put together. I think working with Phil brought out the best in me. My dialogue on this book is spot on and there are some very very funny lines. I even got to swipe a line in homage to one of my favorite movies...THE BIG LEBOWSKI!






Below are the character sketches from Kevin:








On the Faragut & Foster front, Sal Cipriano, who co-created the series with me, just lettered Karl Slominski's pages and I have to say...this is one cool looking book.


Check these out:




NO OTHER GODS is going well too. We heard from Alessandro and he says he will be needing the script to issue two right away. He is kicking out some amazing pages. I'll post some of those soon. No word from Dan River on CLOUD 9. I also should probably check in with Daniel Bradford on the SMOKE & MIRROR relaunch.

Dan O'Connor is having fun with his new toy. Joe DeVito gave him a foam rubber KONG of his own design for posing. Here he is with his own little KONG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home