Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ghost Rider and other things...

I saw Ghost Rider.

It was sort of like the experience of seeing V For Vendetta for me. Now, I'm not saying GR was as good as V, because I absolutely loved V and felt it was the best comic book movie out in 2006. What I am saying is I went into the Ghost Rider movie thinking that this was going to suck the big one. I had no faith at all that it would be a decent flick...and I get in for free because my Father is a projectionist in his retirement from Mack Trucks.

So, I figured I would be walking out as it is so easy to do so when you don't have to pay.

Nope.

It was pretty darn good. It wasn't great, but I really enjoyed myself. I felt it was certainly better than Daredevil, Elektra and The HUlk and even better than FF. I am not so sure it was on par with Spider or X films, but it was very good. It was certainly no Batman Begins.

I will buy the DVD to be sure and my wife and son liked it. We had to go to Walmart to get a Ghost Rider toy immediately following the movie and he even said that GR was now his favorite super hero. That'll last 'till Spidey 3 comes out.

One funny thing...when GR gets hit by a truck...the whole crowd was silent and then my boy,Luke yells out, "That had to hurt!" It was priceless.

For those of you who may read this that are mad at me for bringing a little kid to the movies...it was a matinee. :)

Now...on to other things...

I have a ton of prep for NYCC left. I have to get the van and the tables and chairs. It costs a ton of money to get tables and chairs for the NYCC. Therefore, we rentthem from a seperate company and bring them with us.

The Markosia booth is #447 and I will be there to introduce Heretic #1 with the artist for the series, Bruce McCorkindale. Here is the cover:





I also received the cover to my upcoming creator owned series with Sal Cipriano...I have to hold my breath whenever I read or type this:

THE UNCREDITED HISTORY OF FARAGUT & FOSTER: ADVENTURERS FOR HIRE

The cover is by Karl Slominski, a Kubert School graduate and he is just kicking some a$$ on this book. Hopefully, Sal and Karl and I will name a publisher soon.




Still other things...

My wife has now read the first four volumes of FABLES. It seems that Bill Willingham has succeeded where all others have failed...including me...

My wife is slowly, after fourteen years...becoming a comic book fan.

It only took my son a few.

See ya next time.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

November 11, 2008 at 2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home