Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Kong

Well, the cat is out of the bag. Or should I say that the big huge monkey is out of the big huge bag? Oh well, Rich Johnston over at Lying In The Gutters at Comic Book Resources reported today that Markosia has aquired the rights to Joe Devito's KONG: KING OF SKULL ISLAND. Markosia will be doing a five issue mini-series. I will be adapting it. My friend and fellow Lehigh Valley PA resident, Dan O'Connor will be penciling/inking. No colorist named as of yet.

Here are some initial sketches from Dan. The ones below are for a special issue zero cover where we will adapt the prologue to the book and set up the rest of the mii-series. I am very excited about this one.


Joe Devito, the creator of this fantastic book, will be in New York for the con this weekend and I'll get to meet him. That is too cool!
Below are some additional character sketches as Dan has been working towards getting Kong just right. These are works in progress so the final KONG may not be what it looks like in these sketches. I am also including the character sketches for some of the other characters. This story is sort of a prequel/sequel as it jumps around in time before and after KONG is captured and killed in NYC on the Empire State Building. It ranges from the late 1800's to the the 1950's.







Dark Horse Books published this story in the first place and I feel very lucky to have the shot at adapting it for comics. I've adapted quite a bit of books lately.
On another note, I am now oficially a member of Shocktrauma Studios. Other members of the studio include the likes of Phil Hester and Ande Parks as well as the artist of HERETIC, Bruce McCorkindale. It is an honor. I am now oficially a "Shocktraumanaut!"
I got an update about OF BITTER SOULS. They have pretty much completed the treatment and are currently searching for a "showrunner". I had no idea what that was until I looked it up. Aparently, a showrunner is someone who...runs the show. In movie terms, he/she would be referred to as an executive producer.
Well, I am off to do more prep for the show this weekend.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home