Monday, May 21, 2007

Reading some lately:

I have been reading some lately. I thought I would comment.

ALL STAR BATMAN AND ROBIN THE BOY WONDER #5

I had such very high hopes for this series. I am a big fan of Jim Lee and Frank MIller is a personal hero. Then they started to come out. I wasn't a big fan of issue 1. Then issue 2 arrived and I was less impressed. I was getting nervous. Issue three came and went with even less regard for the series on my part. Issue four was my stopping point. If issue four wasn't great, I was giving up.

Issue four was ok. It ended with a line that made me think that the series was going to be ok.

"Alfred just told me to take a flying leap. This kid is going to ruin everything."

Or something like that.

Then a year passed and issue five fell in my hands last week.

I love being the Goddamn Batman?

I love this goddamn book.

Frank is back and he never left. When this is a trade, it will read so much better. He has been setting us up for this and he delivered. The art is, as usual...Jim Lee awesome. I love this series now.

Kudos to the creative team for bringing a series back from near death.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not so sure about this series, Chuck. Maybe I'll dig out the past issues and give the whole thing a second pass, but thus far it just makes me miss the pre-DK2 Miller

May 23, 2007 at 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home